CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Potty Training Bootcamp

Well, we attempted it. We had a little success with Caroline using the potty earlier in the week (she had some stomach issues for a couple of days so that derailed it a little), so I decided we would go full force with it this weekend. Camp out in the bathroom (we only left the house for a total of 2 1/2 hours ALLLLLLL weekend long), stock it full of fun stuff (movies, books, toys, my iPhone), and see how it goes. Here's the rundown:
Day 1--peed in the potty 3 times, peed on the floor 1 time, and pooped in her pants 2 times. Not too bad. She cried when she peed on herself, but the poopy pants didn't faze her.
Day 2--peed on the floor 2 times and pooped in her pants 1 time....and that was only after being up for 1 1/2 hours! I wanted to quit but didn't want to lose whatever we had gained yesterday, so I pushed through. She went through a grand total of 9 pairs of training pants. She does not like it when she has an accident; she cries and calls out for me. She also slipped after an accident and knocked her forehead pretty good on the floor--ewww! But she did tell me right after she pooped for the 2nd time (the 1st time I discovered it after it fell on the floor while she was dancing....ahhh, the life of a mommy!).
I'm doing the whole positive reinforcement thing--a sticker chart and a piece of candy if she goes potty. She really likes the rewards. Just not quite enough to prevent any accidents yet. I have a feeling it will be awhile before she makes it to daycare in undies. Wish me luck!!

Sitting on the potty chair


Eating her candy


Putting her sticker on her chart


What's cuter than a baby wearing only undies??


My laundry pile tonight

2 comments:

Owen and Erin

wow! what a weekend...I don't think Andrew is quite ready for it...hopefully soon though. Good luck!

Telena

Don't stress over her not being trained yet! :) Reese was 2 yrs and 2 months before I even started. Potty training freaked me out--no joke, had TONS of anxiety. One day she took her diaper off, said she didn't want it and I put panties on her and that was it, we started training. Not without plenty of accidents, of course. :) You will get there, I promise. Take it from me, the person who was more afraid of anything else in the world--I'm a dork, I know but it totally freaked me out!
Good Luck!! :)

Post a Comment