CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sure do love a trip home!

Caroline and I spent this past week in MS. It was such a fun, busy visit! I really love getting to spend time with my family and see them enjoy Caroline (it's been a long time since we've had a baby in our family!). Caroline did great on the flight but was a little unsure about the people that were so excited to see her at the airport (my mom, dad, and sister), but she warmed up quickly. That day was spent putting the final touches on for the baby shower we were throwing for my niece, Meagan, who will become a mommy in July.

Enjoying her 1st cupcake from Ann Olivia's--yum yum!!


Hanging out with Grandaddy while we did baby shower stuff


The shower was a huge success! We had a great crowd, Meagan got a ton of cute stuff, and I was pretty happy with how my decorations turned out. I got them from a super cute Etsy shop that you can check out here.






On Monday, we rested up after our exciting day. We packed up and headed to Memphis on Tuesday for Meagan's 3D ultrasound. It was so amazing to see baby Thomas! Caroline sat in my lap looking at the screen and kept saying "baby"--so sweet! Our adventure on Wednesday led us to the zoo. We had an exciting, drama filled trip on the way there involving my sister's van breaking down, but we finally made it. The Memphis Zoo is awesome! I highly recommend visiting it, especially if you haven't been in forever like me. I really think Caroline would have crawled in there with the lions and leopards if we would have let her. She kept reaching for them and talking to them. It was so cute! She also decided she was too big for her stroller and walked most of the time. Lesson learned--if you want a baby to take the best nap ever, let her walk around in the heat for about 2 hours! :-)







On Thursday, my best friend (Amy) and her little boy (Charlie--who is about 6 weeks younger than Caroline) came to visit for a couple of days. We had a great time catching up, and the babies had a great time playing/fighting. Caroline got plenty of time to exercise her 2 new favorite words--"no" and "mine"! Amy and I also got a girl's night out with my sister, Roro, and niece, Erin. We enjoyed yummy Mexican food, margaritas, and a chick flick. Saturday was the A Fair, and we got to catch up with an old friend from high school, Beth, and meet her 2 little guys.







But I think Caroline's favorite part of the whole trip was hanging out with her Grandmama and Grandaddy. She loved going outside with them and checking out my mom's flowers and my dad's garden (Caroline discovered a new favorite snack--fresh, uncooked English peas!). She started calling them by name (and some of the rest of my family too) and gave lots of hugs and kisses. It really makes me wish we lived closer...maybe someday (hint hint, John!!). :-)




1 comments:

Owen and Erin

I loved all the pictures...so glad you had a good time!!!

Post a Comment