CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 19, 2010

6 Month Check-Up (& some more fun things!)

Caroline had her 6 month check-up yesterday, and I think has officially decided she does NOT like going to the doctor. She pitched a nice, loud fit when Dr. Mary was examining her! She does not like to lay down (unless it's her decision to do so) and does not like to be messed with. Thankfully, Dr. Mary has 6 boys of her own, so she's used to loud little ones. Caroline practically leapt into my arms the moment Dr. Mary helped her sit up. I was a proud mama when the doctor said she could tell that Caroline is read to a lot because of her ability to carefully track the pen Dr. Mary was moving around while we were talking. I have always been an avid reader and hope that Caroline will be as well. As soon as I got my rocking chair in the nursery, I started reading to my belly, and now we read in the bathtub and before bed every night. My friend, Amy (another speech therapist), laughed and said that Caroline paid more attention to books than the kids she works with! Here are her growth updates:

Weight: 15 lbs 9 oz (25th percentile)
Height: 27 in (90th percentile...taking after her Daddy!)
Head Circumference: 16.6 in (25th percentile)

Oh, and she cried SO hard when she got her shots! But got over it pretty quickly and was very glad to get out of there!

I also wanted to include a couple more 6 month facts:
*When you hold out your hands to pick her up, she will reach for you.

*We've finally found a couple of foods she'll eat--carrots and pears. Trying sweet potatoes tomorrow.

*I bought some puffs, yogurt melts, and teething biscuits to try out. She's not too crazy about the puffs or melts but loves the super messy biscuits.

*As of Thursday, Caroline can push up onto her hands and knees and rock back and forth. I think crawling is in our near fuure!

band-aid picture from her shots


having lunch outside--yummy carrots!


munching on a biscuit

1 comments:

melanie

What a cutie! Tall and thin -- maybe a future supermodel? So funny about the teething biscuits. I finally broke down and got some a few weeks ago -- I had avoided them because of the mess factor. Luke loves them of course! They do seem to help the teething discomfort so I have made my peace with it. Now, if he could just keep the goo out of his hair we would all be happy!

Post a Comment